Las Mañanitas

News from the Pleasure Palace on Mesa Sea Road

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Altitude Adjustment

Just a short post today to brag that Steve and I did our third climb up to Williams Lake with (almost) no stopping to catch our breath. After two months here, I guess we've finally gotten used to life at 7500 feet. The Williams Lake hike, which begins at 10,040 and ends at 11,060, gets easier the longer we stay here. Today we met Rocky, a championship standard poodle, on the trail, and watched him get a little bit out of his show-dog character to chase a pretty golden lab. To reward ourselves for a good hike, we stopped for lunch at Tim's Stray Dog Cantina. Tim's tortilla soup and green chile are delicious!

1 Comments:

Blogger Madame Flamingo said...

Congratulations! You guys are made for the mesa! Thanks for your fun comment on my blog -- the week is off to a good start. AND my transcript finally arrived and I finally got to apply for a license which will come in 4 weeks! (I have the receipt saying I've applied which is all I need to get paid right away!) Hooray!

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home